Orthodontist in Tampa
Although Dr. David Leever was born in Michigan, he grew up in Tampa, and attended Woodrow Wilson Jr. High School and H.B. Plant High School. He received his Bachelor of Science from the University of South Florida, his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from Emory University School of Dentistry in Atlanta, and completed his residency in orthodontics at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
Dr. Leever utilizes his experience and innovation to create customized plans of treatment tailored to the unique characteristics of each individual patient. He employs cutting-edge tools, such as 3D technology, custom-constructed lingual Incognito™ braces, Invisalign® clear aligner braces, and PROPEL orthodontic micro-osteoperforation technology to accelerate the biology of tooth movement and shorten treatment times, as well as traditional braces.
Commitment to Community
Our office gives back to the community through the Smiles Change Lives program, which provides orthodontic care for patients whose families otherwise could not afford it. In addition, Dr. Leever is vice president and sits on the board of directors of the Temple Terrace Little League and regularly volunteers his time to provide care at the Christianville Mission Dental Clinic in Gressier, Haiti.
Education and Experience
- H.B. Plant High School – College Preparatory Diploma
- University of South Florida – Bachelor of Arts, zoology and chemistry major
- Emory University School of Dentistry – Doctorate of Dental Surgery
- University of Pennsylvania – orthodontic residency, certificate in orthodontics
- Postgraduate continuing education – 30 to 50 hours per year
- International Assocation of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- Florida Orthodontic Association
- Societe Francaise D’Orthopedie Dento-Faciale
Dr. Leever has published and lectured in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. He has also received both U.S. and international patents for a dental device and technique that improves the accuracy of dental restoration construction, orthodontic tooth movement, and jaw surgery corrections.